LYGIA ARCURI ELUF
1956 São Paulo, Brazil
Professor in the drawing area (2012), the State University of Campinas (UNICAMP) from 1989 to 2018 in the field of Visual Arts with an emphasis on drawing and engraving,
mainly in the following areas: two-dimensional representation (drawing,printmaking, painting), production contemporary art and Arts’ Research.
Degree in Fine Arts (1982), Master of Arts, Visual Poetics (1992) and PhD in Arts, Visual Poetics (1998), University of São Paulo (USP).
Creates the Printmaking Research Center and The Print’s Gabinet at UNICAMP.
Receives the award in Research’s Productivity from CNPq (2011-2014 and 2014-2017).
Receives the Jaboti Award in 2009 with the books collection Cadernos de Desenho.
Acts in organizing artistic events and curatorship.
Develops since 1980 personal artistic project in drawing, printmaking and painting participating in exhibitions in Brazil and abroad.
ACADEMIC GRADUATION & TITLE
1995-1998 Doctorate in Arts – University of São Paulo (USP) Brazil. Color-Structure: The color fields 1987-1992 Master of Arts, University of São Paulo (USP) Brazil. structure the secret changes 1992 Undergraduate in Fine Arts.
University of São Paulo (USP) Brazil. Le Cimitière Marin: hommage a P. Valéry.
2004 Professor, State University of Campinas (UNICAMP) Brazil. Space representation: the landscape construction. 2007-2014 (post doctoral) Universidad
Complutense Madrid – Museo del Prado. The insertion of landscape in the representation of the nobility in the Spanish painting: Velazquez. 2011 Universidad
Complutense Madrid – Museo del Prado. The insertion of landscape in the representation of the nobility in the Spanish painting: Goya. 2014 Universidad
Complutense Madrid – Museo del Prado. El Greco and Mannerism in Spanish collections.
• 2018: Belgrade 2018: The Orthogonal Constructions and Small Landscapes. Art Pavilion Cvijeta Zuzorić, Belgrade, Serbia.
• 2018: Colagem como expressão. ADRO Galeria, São João del Rei, MG, Brasil.
• 2017: O jardim e outras pétalas. Rabeca Espaço Cultural, Sousas, Campinas,São Paulo, Brasil.
• 2017: Paisagens e Cores nas serigrafias de Lygia Eluf, FUNCAMP, Campinas,SP, Brasil.
• 2016: Lygia Eluf no Espaço Aberto, Espaço Aberto Galeria de Arte, Alto Paraíso de Goiás. GO, Brasil.
• 2015: Caminhos de Joaquim, Cabrita Café, Joaquim Egídio, São Paulo, Brasil.
• 2014: Projeto para Desenhar o Chão, Galeria Gravura Brasileira. São Paulo, Brasil.
• 2008: Azulada: desenhos, gravuras e pinturas, Galeria Gravura Brasileira, São Paulo, Brasil.